The organizing committee welcomes abstracts for 20 minutes’ oral presentations on any subject related to cancer biology and medicine, with a philosophical, conceptual, and/or theoretical focus.
Examples of questions that this workshop will raise include:
- – How is the complexity of cancer addressed in scientific and medical practices?
- – Can the different models and theories of cancer be better integrated into an encompassing framework?
- – What are the epistemic implications of different approaches to cancer?
- – How are questions about the ontology of cancer related to methodological issues?
- – To what extent are questions concerning the nature of cancer intertwined with issues concerning diagnostics and/or treatments?
- – How are new technologies such as cancer genomics affecting our understanding of cancer?
Abstracts must be submitted by email to Lucie Laplane by April 30, 2018.
(Important note: If you do not receive an answer from Lucie Laplane within one week, please send your email again)
Notifications will be sent by the end of May.
The submission must contain:
- – Names of author(s)
- – Institutional affiliations & Position
- – Title of the talk
- – Abstract: no longer than 500 words